Aabed Al-Saadoun holds a B.Sc. degree in chemical engineering and a Master and Doctorate in Business Administration. Aabed joined Saudi Aramco in  and advanced through a number of senior positions in the oil, gas and refining sectors until he was nominated and assigned the position of Advisor at the Office of Saudi Aramco’s Chairman in 2006. In November 2013, Dr. Al-Saadoun was appointed as Deputy Minister for Company Affairs at the Ministry of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources. He is also currently leading the National Industrial Development and Logistic Program, one of key vision realization programs of Saudi Vision 2030. In addition, Dr. Alsaadoun holds several other posts as follows:
- Chairman of APICORP Board of Directors
- Chairman of TAQA services company Board of Directors (oil field services company)
- Chairman of Saudi Mechanical Company (SMI) Board of Directors
- Board member of Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF), and head of Audit Committee
- Board member of General Authority for Statistics
- Board member of Saudi Arabian Railways Company and head of Remunerations & Compensation Committee.