Seminar: Partnering with China: New opportunities
Conducted by CPCIF and GPCA
15.00 Opening remarks from the moderator
15.10 OPENING SPEECH:
- China’s economic outlook – are we headed for slowdown?
- Current and future industry production: moving to added value products in China.
- How will this affect the Middle East?
- What are the opportunities for partners as the industry structure changes?
MR LI SHOUSHENG, VICE-CHAIRMAN, CPCIF
15.35 MIDDLE EAST VIEW OF SUCCESSFUL PARTNERSHIPS
- Factors Middle Eastern players see as essential to successful partnerships with China
- Which partnerships have succeeded in the past and why?
- What is the best way to align priorities for a partnership?
- What lessons can be learned from the way partnerships have evolved in the past?
- What are the main concerns of the Middle Eastern companies when it comes to a new round of partnerships?
ABDULAZIZ AL JUDAIMI, VICE PRESIDENT, SAUDI ARAMCO
15.55 PARTNERING WITH CHINA: NEW OPPORTUNITIES
- The perspective of a GCC company with long history of partnership with China
- The factors contributing to success
- Overcoming cultural challenges to managing JVs and partnerships
YOUSEF AL-ZAMEL, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, SABIC
16.15 REFRESHMENT BREAK
16.35 PANEL DISCUSSION/ Q & A SESSION
- Mr Li Shousheng, Vice- Chairman, CPCIF
- Mr Yousef Al-Zamel, Executive Vice President, SABIC
- Mr Wim Roels, BOROUGE
- Mr Abdulaziz Al Judaimi, Vice President, SAUDI ARAMCO
- Mr Jim McIlvenny, DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY
- Zhu Jianmin, Chairman & CEO, LIAONING OXIRANCHEM
- Xi Weida, Vice Director General, NINGBO PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRIAL PARK
17.35 REVIEW & CLOSE