Eng. Mohammed Al-Mady
Chairman, GPCA and Vice Chairman and CEO, SABIC
Mohamed H. Al-Mady has been Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) since July, 1998. He joined SABIC in 1976 with a Bachelor degree from the University of Colorado at Boulder and Master Degree from University of Wyoming, USA both degrees in Chemical Engineering. He has held various key positions within the Company.
Mr. Al-Mady’s additional responsibilities includes the following:
- Chairman, Gulf Petrochemicals & Chemicals Association (GPCA).
- Co-Chairman, US-Saudi Arabia Business Council.
- Member, International Business Council, World Economic Forum.
- Member of the Board, Boao Forum for Asia.
- Member, World Sustainability Council.
- Fellow, London Business School.
- Member, International Advisory Council, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST).
- Chairman and Managing Director, Saudi Arabian Fertilizer Company (SAFCO).
Mr. Al-Mady delivered many keynote speeches, and specialized work papers at various industrial and economic conferences and forums of global, regional and domestic stands; besides the many encounters he had with press agencies, TV channels and other media on economic and industrial matters. Mr. Al-Mady received many honors and awards among which are the following:
- Honorary Doctor of Science Degree by the University of Colorado at Boulder, 2012
- Company of the Year (Chemicals) by the People’s Choice Stevie Award, 2011
- Elected by Colorado Engineering & Applied Sciences College among the gifted students with global scientific and industrial contributions in 2010.
- International Petrochemical Heritage Award 2009
- Ranked among the Top 40 Best Power Players in the Chemical Industry by ICIS Chemical Business in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010